A comfortable and easy to carry backpack is the dire need of travelling. It is probably the best travelling partner that you always need when you are going to travel the world for your business or any recreational purpose.
Gone are the days when you have to carry a large briefcase to put your luggage into even if you have to go to some other destination for a short time. A comfy backpack took the place of that briefcase and made it easier for you to travel over large distances.
This post contains affiliate links. Hey there! Some links on this page are affiliate links which means that, if you choose to make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I greatly appreciate your support!.
What you have to do is to get up, put your luggage in the backpack, carry it on your back, and go! There is no need to drag the briefcase with you everywhere. When you’re traveling over large distances and exploring the world, what you need is to have a perfect backpacking pack.
We have put together a list of the top best backpack of the year 2020 that will help you choose the best one for your travel journeys. Without any further delay, let’s get started!
Osprey Atmos AG 65:
Starting with the best of the best, Osprey Atmos AG 65 is the best backpack of the year. Made of the nylon fabric, 4lbs 9oz weighing, this backpack is the heartthrob of many. Its unique styles and vibrant colors attract many travelers. The backpack holds all the factors that are necessary for the travel journey. Let’s have a view of the significant pros and cons of the product!
- Its “anti-gravity” feature doesn’t let you get tired of carrying it all the time. You feel like you do not have any burden on your shoulders.
- It provides you with the best grip by its fit-on-the-fly hip belt that helps the backpack the perfect grip on you.
- It comes in three different colours that will help you add colours to your journey.
Nothing is perfect in the world, nor is this backpack. The following are some of the cons of the Atmos AG 65 let’s have a view!
- The only reason for not buying this fantastic backpack is that it has no zipper inside the bag that can divide the compartments for different things.
The best thing about this bag is that there are only a few bad reviews on this product. Otherwise, 98% of people are happy having this fantastic backpack as a traveling partner. You can get this in just about $196-$270 and trust me, the backpack is worth it! So don’t wait anymore and get yours now!
Granite Gear Glaze 60:
Moving on to another best backpack of the year, we have Granite gear glaze 60. This fantastic and amazing bag stands on the victory stand for many reasons. It is sharing the victory stand with Osprey Atmos AG 65 and ruling over the Amazon public with 4.8 out of 5 rating reviews and weigh 3lbs. Isn’t it fantastic! This Robic nylon fabric backpack has many benefits to offer. Why not have a view of them? Let’s highlight some!
- 7″ high and 14″ wide backpack is perfect for carrying your luggage for the tour of a week or so.
- The adjustable and removable hip belt ensures the best grip on your body.
- Adjustable fantastic load-lift shoulder belts make it easier to carry the backpack on your shoulders and not get tired.
- The excessive straps and clasps made it a little uncomfortable to handle.
- Shoulder straps take time to get fit with the body.
You can get this amazing backpack for just about $270 or so, and the pack fulfills all the needs that a traveling bag should. I suggest you buy this bag and you won’t be disappointed. The bag is ruling Amazon and so it will, on your heart. Try it once, and you will love it forever.
Gossamer Gear Mariposa 60:
This is an ultimate backpack that can make your trips more comfortable than ever before. It’s made up of Robic nylon fabric and it is an award-winning product of gossamer gear.
The company is proud to announce that this product won the awards of the bestseller. The fantastic product features are belt with adjustable stiffeners, SitLight pad, and removable stay integrated hip belt pockets, multiple attachment points on harness for accessorizing.
The backpack is the best option for the people who want to hike the lofty mountains and family camping. Now it’s time to discuss some pros and cons of the product!
- It is a more than enough comfortable backpack.
- The perfect sizing of the backpack and the hip belts make the grip perfect.
- This lightweight product is capable of bearing 35lbs. Isn’t it amazing!
- The main problem with the back is that when you put something in its lid pockets, it makes access to the bag impossible. You have to remove the luggage from the lid storage to access the bag.
- There is no clip or separate zip for holding the car keys. It can cause trouble for the people who want to carry the car keys in the bag.
Gossamer Gear Mariposa 60 is capable of bearing all the types of luggage beautifully. Its unisex design makes it equally loved by both males and females. You can have this tremendous product at around $270, and trust me; you won’t be disappointed by its performance.
Gregory Baltoro 75:
This nylon fabric weighs 4 lbs, 15.4 oz, and it is the most comfortable backpack for heavy load lifting. Baltoro has amazing features, removable hydration sleeves, built-in with rain cover inside, independently rotating hip belt and harness; U-zip main opening makes the unloading process easy. With so many other features this product rules over many hearts and has defeated many of its competitors. The following are some pros and cons of Gregory Baltoro, let’s have a view!
- The product has a unique shape that both males and females love.
- The backpack has a trekking pole attachment for tool attachments.
- All like Baltoro because of its zippered hip belt pockets.
- The backpack is a little fragile that make it challenging to keep on the bumpy journey.
- The users complain about the drawstring at the top for being complicated as compared to past designs.
The product has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 on the Amazon. Not very much good for the standing high but the product may help you in short trips for a week. This product is available within $330 or so, which is expensive in my views, for the product doesn’t cover many features as compared to its competitors in the market.
REI Co-op Trailbreak 60:
Having 60L capacity, made from Ripstop nylon, and weighing 3 lbs. REI Co-op Trailbreak 60 is an amazing product that can solve all your traveling problems. Many backpacks in the market cost more than $200, but if you compromise on only a few features, you can save money.
The product features are foam-padding and hip belt along with a comfortable back panel. This durable product can be your tour partner for so many days. Let’s have a significant view of the pros and cons of this product.
- Stack pockets are available not only on the back but also on the hip belt that allows you to keep cameras, snacks and such kind of stuff.
- The backpack can carry approximately 25-35lbs ideal weight.
- You can also carry the water bottle in bottle pockets of the bag and stay hydrated throughout the journey.
- The product may not fulfill your requirement that you are looking for a backpack that can help you travel over bumpy tracks.
- Some customers complain about the stuff of the product for being vulnerable to holes.
- The product is not suitable for heavy loads.
The product is an excellent choice for the people who want to save money as well as want to buy a backpack that they carry for the tours. REI Co-op Trailbreak 60 is the best option if you have a budget lower than $200, for you can get this backpack in just $149 or so.
Hyperlite Mountain Gear 3400 Southwest:
A handsome addition to the family of the best backpacks is Hyperlite mountain gear 3400 southwest. This bag weighs only 2 lbs and 0.6 oz. Dyneema made this backpack is capable of bearing 40, 55, 70L. What could be better than having a pack in different weight capacities? This incredibly lightweight backpack can carry heavy loads, and that’s the best thing about this bag. Let’s have a detailed view of the pros and cons of the mountain gear 3400 southwest:
- The amazing performance of this bag made it a heartthrob of many people.
- Many pockets are available in and outside the backpack for better organization.
- Its built-in quality and durability made it stand higher in the list of best backpacks of the year 2020.
- Do you know what I don’t like about this product? Its minimal organization. The backpack gives minimal organization for the backpack.
- This backpack is more expensive than its competitors that are providing the same features.
This simple backpack made up of tough and durable fabric is a good option for you to travel over large distances, but the cost can be a hurdle for you reaching the backpack if you don’t want to spend much on the backpack. You can get this backpack in around $345 which, I think, is more than enough, but the choice is yours!
REI Co-op Travers 70:
Another product from the REI family that managed to rise above the others in the market is REI co-op Traverse. 4 lbs, 14v oz weighing this pack is made up of nylon fabric that ensures its durability for a longer time. This well rounded, fully functional, and comfortable to carry backpack is standing tall in the list of the best backpacks of the year 2020. Without any further delay, let’s move on to the significant pros and cons of REI Co-op Travers 70!
- Its carry comfort is matchless. The padding straps and hip belt make the product much more comfortable to carry.
- The lightweight backpack is capable of lifting loads comfortably over the tough tracks.
- The access and pockets of the backpack are incredible, and the company added some few features in the previous Traverse.
- What we don’t like about this backpack is its heavy padding that sometimes causes the trouble in moving.
- Moreover, this dense padding is also hard to situate that many other of its type in the market.
- Many customers complain about its unsatisfying ventilation that minuses its points.
This sturdy backpack with a reasonable price of $249 is best for long hauls. With some of the negative points of REI Co-op Travers, the backpack is loaded with many features that you will enjoy on your journey. If you are looking for a durable backpack for long runs, REI Co-op Travers is the best backpack that you can opt for.
Gregory Paragon 58:
Moving on to the next best backpack of the year, we have the outstanding product of Gregory Company once again. The company blessed the market with its fantastic product named Gregory Paragon 58. Made from nylon, and weighing only 3lbs 3.9, oz Gregory Paragon 58 is unbeatable in the market. It features a lightweight aluminum frame that provides perfect ventilation and load stabilization. Moreover, the product has foam components and an amazingly adjustable fit that ensure the best grip of Gregory Paragon 58 on the body with the help of padding straps and adjustable hip belt. Let’s have a view on the pros and cons of this fantastic product!
- Its well balanced designed is what I like the most about this product, and it will give you the best backpack experience throughout your journey until your way back home.
- Its extremely comfortable design make it heartthrob of many travellers.
- The built-in rain cover is an added feature of the product.
- It is not suitable for long term durability.
- The product lack suitable ventilation.
- Some of its added features are unnecessary for the lightweight backpack.
Despite all these cons of Gregory Paragon 58, it stands in the list of the best backpacks in the world. It cost $230, which is a reasonable price for a pack loaded with many features. Planning to spend a week or more in the woodlands? Do opt for this backpack and you won’t have to lift the heavily loaded backpacks.
REI co-op Flash 55:
REI Co-op refused to sit back when we talked about the best backpacks of the year 2020. It proved to be the best backpack manufacturing company by providing the market with so many amazing products that help us a lot in our journeys and tours. REI co-op Flash 55 is another milestone of the company that the company reached. This tremendous backpack weighs only 2lbs, 10 oz that makes it the best lightweight pack that is capable of bearing 45, 55L loads. The product is made from nylon fabric and available in a unique color that adds to the beauty of the product. It’s time to have a look over the pros and cons of the product!
- Being lightweight, it is much easier to carry over wood rides.
- Padded straps and hip belt make it comfortable to carry with you.
- Availability of REI co-op Flash 55 in lower price makes it cost-effective for you.
- The product is not that much durable as it is intended to be.
- REI co-op Flash 55 is unable to lift heavy loads, so the product may not show that same performance when overloaded.
REI co-op Flash 55 has been the best buy of the company; that’s why it is standing tall on this list. The product can perform more than well if used with care. You can buy this outstanding backpack with a water-resistant top lid in just $199. Do you want to have one? Don’t wait more and order you, you will surely enjoy having it!
Zpacks Arc Blast 55L:
And last but not least Zpacks Arc Blast 55L is another beautiful addition in the list. Made from Dyneema Composite and weighing only 1lb, this backpack is best to have with you on the tours and trips. The company is proud to announce that this product won the Ultralight Enthusiast award. When it comes to the weight of the product, Zpacks Arc Blast 55l beats everyone in the market. Let’s have a view of the pros and cons of the product!
- This backpack is made up of Dyneema Composite that makes it nearly waterproof or highly water-resistant. That makes it perfect for voyages.
- Its lightweight is the most significant benefit that makes it a good option for tours and high hiking.
- It has an added net pocket, and it features excellent external storage.
- The frame of the product is a bit complex.
- There is no hip belt available for the perfect waist grip.
- It is a way too expensive as compared to others of its kind.
If you are looking for a backpack that is lightweight but fulfils all the needs of an experienced enthusiast, then this backpack is for you. You can get it in $325 which sounds expensive, but anyhow, the Zpacks Arc Blast 55L is an excellent backpack for hikers and minimalist trekkers.
|backpack||price||Weight||Fabric||capacities||access||No. of pockets|
|Osprey Atmos AG 65||$270||4 lb. 9 oz.||Nylon (100D x 630D)||50, 65L||Top||8 exterior|
|Granite Gear Blaze 60||$270||3 lb. 0 oz||Nylon (100D & 210D)||60L||Top, front||6 exterior|
|Gossamer gear Mariposa 60||$270||2 lb. 0.7 oz.||Nylon (100D & 200D)||60L||Top||7 Exterior|
|Gregory Baltoro 75||$330||4 lb. 15.4 oz.||Nylon (210D)||65, 75, 85L||Top, front||10 Exterior|
|REI CO-op Trailbreaker 60||$149||3 lb. 13 oz.||Ripstop nylon||60L||Top||6 exterior|
|Hyperlite 3400 Southwest||$345||2 lb. 0.6 oz.||Dyneema (50D & 150D)||40, 55, 70L||Top||3 Exterior|
|REI Co-op Traverse 70||$249||4 lb. 14 oz.||Nylon (200D & 420D)||35, 70L||Top, front||11 Exterior|
|Gregory Paragon 58||$230||3 lb. 9.3 oz||Nylon (100D & 210D)||48, 58, 68L||Top, side||6 exterior|
|REI Co-op Flash 55||$199||2 lb. 10 oz.||Nylon (100D & 420D)||45, 55L||Top||9 Exterior|
|ZPacks Arc Blast 55l||$325||1 lb. 4.1 oz.||Dyneema (2.92 oz/sqyd)||55L||Top||3 exterior|
All the backpack that we mentioned above will help you make your tours easy by providing you with the best features. No matter which one you choose for you, all the backpacks are amazing in their way. Buy any one of the packs mentioned above, you will surely going to love them. We shared detailed information about the best backpacks in the year 2020 to help you choose the one you like. We know it is challenging to find the right backpack for you when the competition in the market is very high. That’s why we brought here the best of the best options that you can opt for to make your journey more memorable than ever before.
So don’t wait anymore, order yours now, and go out on a long, relaxing and entertaining journey!